3d scanning allows for an object to be represented and viewed from all angles and is not limited to a single axis (direction).
all you need is one 3d scan to acquire the 3d data. thence you can produce infinitely, modify infinitely, and share infinitely. plus, 3d data has infinite shelf life.
For micro objects all the way to large, kitCAD3d only uses some of the world’s best 3D scanners.
Our metrology-grade, micro 3D scanner from Solutionix/Medit (South Korea) delivers up to 0.01mm point precision. Scanner accuracy certified by VDI/VDE, a body of the Association of German Engineers.
kitCAD3d’s micro scanner is best-suited for small jewelry, industrial components, precious stones, miniatures, etc. Max. dimensions: 80*60*60mm.
For larger objects, Artec Leo 3D scanner (Luxembourg) is one of the world’s best high-performance industrial-grade 3D scanners, delivering up to 0.1mm point precision. It is the world’s first cable-free, AI-driven 3D scanner.
physical scanning typically takes less than 5 minutes (longer for massive and highly complex objects). rapid scanning is enabled by leo's high frames reconstruction rate.
being handheld and cable-free means flexibility in handling restrictive spaces. moreover, leo works well indoors and out.
applications are virtually limitless. artec leo has been used to scan human body, vehicles, precious objects, crime scenes and many more. it is used in industrial manufacturing and quality control, healthcare, CGI (computer-generated imagery), e-commerce, and many more.
artec leo 3d scan applications
- f3 race car aerodynamics enhancement
- racing bike reverse engineering for performance enhancement
- car exhaust system redesign
- diesel to battery car conversion
- offshore vessel pipe replacement
- precision inspection of a kayak
industrial design & manufacturing
- creation of customized, high-performance, aerodynamic cycling skinsuits
- ancient roman castle scanned for cultural preservation and immersive virtual experience *scroll to bottom of page*
arts & entertainment
- horse in movement scan for sculpture and animation creation
- ultra-realistic 3d models creation for first-person shooter video game
- replica creation of intricate 20-foot sculpture for human trafficking awareness campaign
- rapid scanning of crime scene for analysis
3d scanning for
artec 3d scanners function as precision measurement tools that have been used in many industries across many countries.
3d scan a-la-carte options
all it takes is one 3d scan to benefit from infinite possibilities. options range from adding colour texture to the 3d scan, maintaining geometry or geometry modification, and converting to cad formats as well as specifying tolerance for contact-critical surfaces.
3d model types:
colour & texture representation:
- native texture
- 3d print
- cnc machine / lathe
- static visualization
- interactive 3d visualization
- file format
- file size
- max. point / polygon count
precision: up to 0.1 mm + 0.3 mm/m